Looking for something fun and creative to do? Always wanted to play the piano but didn’t think you could? Want to try out Simply Music before enrolling in ongoing lessons? Our 3 beginner piano workshops are perfect for you — including an option to self-study online!
- Learn great sounding material
- Great for all ages
- Only a small time commitment
- Scheduled at your convenience, anytime year-round, not just when we’re offering classes through continuing education programs or other organizations…
- … or self-study online for even greater convenience and savings!
Play with Simply Music — Online Self-Study Introductory Program: Learn to play songs and improvisations on the piano, immediately, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home, even if you don’t have a piano or keyboard! Play with Simply Music is an online self-study version of Simply Music’s introductory Student Workshop. Presented by Master Simply Music Teachers Mark S. Meritt and Robin Keehn, it’s the most affordable and convenient way to get a taste of what it’s like to study Simply Music Piano with a teacher! For more information and to purchase, visit the Play with Simply Music page.
Ensemble Accompaniment Workshop: Have you ever dreamed of accompanying yourself at the piano while you sing, or playing along with other musicians or singers in a band or other music ensemble? The Ensemble Accompaniment Workshop is based on Simply Music’s revolutionary Accompaniment program. Learn an array of contemporary chords as well as rhythmic variations that you’ll be able to apply to any lead sheet, fake book or chord chart. You’ll be making music in no time — even if you’ve never learned to play an instrument before! Contact Us to book for group or private one-on-one study.
Improvisation Workshop: In this unique workshop, you will learn a number of techniques for spontaneously creating your own original music, including the basics of blues improvisation. Even if you’ve never played an instrument before, you’ll be surprised how quickly you can learn to create your own original music — even if you’ve never learned to play an instrument before! Contact Us to book for group or private one-on-one study.
Simply Music Piano lessons and Beginning Piano Workshops, including the Ensemble Accompaniment Workshop, the Improvisation Workshop, and the Play with Simply Music self-study program, are part of our Cooped-Up Creativity offerings that you can take advantage of by online video conference from anywhere in the world, in the comfort of your own home!
Workshop vs. Ongoing Lessons?
The more ready you are to embark on a journey toward having music as a lifelong companion, the better your results will be if you enroll directly in ongoing lessons. This is because, compared to the workshops, the standard Simply Music curriculum:
- Presents material in a different order, better fostering your long-term musical development and increasing the chances of your being and feeling successful at each step.
- Can be paced for a particular group/student, which also contributes to development and success, while the workshops usually cover a certain amount of material in a certain amount of time.
- Includes all the material from the workshops, so starting straightaway with ongoing lessons means saving money and keeping down clutter from obsolete sets of workshop materials.
However, the less ready you are to embark on that journey toward music as a lifelong companion, the better it may be for you to simply try out the program with a short-term workshop. The particular material covered has been carefully organized to give you a great experience in a short time.
- The revolutionary Simply Music piano method.
- Taking piano lessons live online via videoconference.
- The many advantages of shared lessons.
- Determining an appropriate age for starting lessons.
- See the latest from the Potluck Creative Arts Lesson Line, a newsletter providing special information and useful tips to help make your piano lesson experience as successful as possible!