Simply Music is a revolutionary, Australian-developed piano learning method that offers a breakthrough in music education. This remarkable approach has students of all ages playing great-sounding contemporary, classical, gospel, blues and accompaniment pieces — immediately — from their very first lessons.
A pianist/keyboardist/composer with credits in NYC and on national TV and honors from national songwriting competitions, Advanced Simply Music Teacher Mark S. Meritt is New York’s most experienced teacher of this method. Studying at Mark’s Potluck Creative Arts studio in the Village of Red Hook, NY, this is a unique opportunity for area residents to learn how to play piano with this extraordinary method!
- Shared and private lessons
- Short-term beginner piano workshops at up to 40% off regular tuition — Learn great-sounding songs and improvisation — 6-lesson workshop just $99.00! Learn more…
- Unable to take lessons in person from Mark or any other Simply Music teacher? Study with Mark with live online piano lessons in your own home.
- The revolutionary Simply Music piano method.
- Our short-term beginner piano workshops.
- Piano for ages 4 and up with Play-a-Story.
- Taking piano lessons live online via videoconference.
- The many advantages of shared lessons.
- Determining an appropriate age for starting lessons.
- See the latest from the Potluck Creative Arts Lesson Line, a newsletter providing special information and useful tips to help make your piano lesson experience as successful as possible!
Ongoing lessons or short-term beginner piano workshops • Lessons in person or online • Family discounts available • Tailor workshops
You may also enjoy learning about these other services:
- Songwriting Workshops — Mark can facilitate a group in writing an original song, from scratch, in a single session, whether or not you have any experience creating music or lyrics. Enroll your elementary school-aged kids in ongoing workshops, or commission a workshop especially for your own group.
- Singalong Workshops — Fun Singalong Workshops for all ages — ideal for parents and their young children, but great for anyone. Also, tailor Singalong Workshops for your group.
- Creativity Coaching — Mark can coach you in developing your own original creative work.
- Piano/Keyboard Performance and Singalong — From Ragtime to Rock and everything in between, Mark can perform music to fit any occasion or play for your “piano bar” singalong or private karaoke night.